Friday, April 3, 2009

Gall Bladder Out = Blahh

Okay so I jumped the gun on my first post about my gall bladder. I think I was still heavily medicated which is why I felt so good because once the meds wore off so did my good feelings toward the surgery. On Tuesday I felt okay until the evening when I got this awful attack of pain. They had to pump m stomach with air so they could get to my gall bladder- well this means that I get gas bubbles that travel up my right side to my shoulder. They hurt and bring me to tears. Our dog, Macy, has been sitting with me and every time I cry she goes crazy. She straddles me and gets close to my face and makes noises. She is being protective. Wednesday was a little better but I couldn't eat anything because I was so nauseous. I got the attack again twice Wednesday night. Thursday was the worst day so far. I woke up feeling sick, stayed awake for an hour and then slept for two more hours. I took more pain medicine and felt okay but still could not eat anything. While on the medicine on Thursday I was able to go to the cake place and finalize wedding cake details and go to Walmart and pick up pictures. David came over and we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to add things to our registry (it is my favorite thing to do!). When we came home I was tired and started to not feel good again. Thursday night was rough. The thing is I don't want to take my pain meds because they make me tired and I can't think straight but when I don't take them I hurt. As long as I am taking my pain medicine I am not allowed to drive, so by Monday I have to be off of them to be able to teach. I guess I thought I would be able to recuperate fast but I was wrong. I am calling the doctor today to see if they can prescribe more nausea medicine because I was not nausea Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday to now has been bad. All I have eaten all week is toast and pretzels. I have been able to get grad school assignments done, which is a positive.

Wedding things I have accomplished this week:
1.) Picked up garter, pen, and unity candle (Wed. my mom and I went)
2.) Finalized cake details at Tinkers- 3 tired square cake with watermelon colored ribbon on the bottom of each tire and fresh pink and yellow rose petals all around the cake. David's grooms cake is in the shape of a baseball hat (Minnesota Twins Logo) on a home plate.
3.) Finalized the guest list
4.) Started getting every one's addresses
5.) On Sunday my mom and I went shopping and I got my jewelry for my wedding dress, 3 dresses for events/honeymoon, and 1 skirt.
6.) Wedding Invitations have arrived!!! I ordered black bows for the tops of the invitations so I am still waiting on those to arrive.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I know what you mean about the pain medicine. But it sounds like you need it right now. Could you do 1/2 a pill so it takes the edge off the pain but doesn't make you as sleepy? If you are not 100% you should take a few days off work. You need to give your body time to fully recover. Kathy could sub for you I'm sure. Focus on getting you better and don't worry about school! Sorry to hear it has been so rough. Surgery is a big deal!