Callie got stung by a bee today. This bee must have been huge because poor Callie's face was and still is all swollen. Here is what happened... Callie was at my parents (she goes every Monday and Wednesday) house and my mom had the door to the backyard open because it was so nice outside the dogs could go from inside to outside. A bee flew inside and Callie decided to eat it. The bee didn't like this idea so it proceeded to sting Callie. My mom sent me an email telling me about the event so right after school I called her. She said she called her vet and the vet recommended giving Callie one Benadryl. This helped the swelling go down some but not completely. I called my vet after school and he said to keep giving her one Benadryl every 4-6 hours and if it is not better by tomorrow to take her to bring her in to get a steroid shot. Here is a picture of what she looks like now- 7.5 hours after the sting. Notice the big lump hanging down from her neck, that is not a double chin!
1 comment:
Abby, I hadn't checked your blog this week and now see that Callie was stung! How big this pocket is...she must feel bad. I am so sorry and hope the benedryl is helping her get all well.
Post a Comment