Sunday, September 16, 2012

Stop and enjoy the moment

It has been awhile since I have posted. School has started and back to school is always a very stressful time. 
This weekend has been a stop and enjoy the moments weekend. I tend to stress out about my job and life around me but this weekend was not like that at all. On Friday night we went to a surprise birthday party for my brother in law. I got to spend time with my in-laws and niece. She is adorable! Then on Saturday I went on an 8 mile walk with my friend Stephanie. We chatted about life and enjoyed the beautiful morning. I love having friends who you can share life with. Saturday evening David and I went to church, out to eat for dinner, and watched a movie (no we didn't watch the UK loss). This afternoon I visited my parents and enjoyed the day sitting outside talking to my mom, dad, and grandma. I realized that this is what life should be- stopping and enjoying the moment- not worrying about work and life. I really enjoy my job but I have to figure out ways to not spend so much time working or stressing about work. Taking a trip to the farm was the break I needed. My parents dog, Macy, has cancer and according to the doctor should have passed away 5 months ago but she is still alive and enjoying life. She and Callie spent the afternoon running and trying to catch field mice. The neighbors dogs, Sunny and Emma, came to visit too. These are the weekends I treasure and I am going to try very hard this week to leave work at work and enjoy the time with my family and friends. Life is not meant to be lived worrying but enjoying the gifts God has given. 
 My Grandma, me, Callie, and Sunny



My Grandma and I


Callie and Macy

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Great post and so important. Glad you had a weekend where you could relax and enjoy. Love you!

Debbie said...

I agree with Alyssa! This is a great reflection on how life should be lived. Clyde and I try to do just that as often as we can. Should have done it more when we were your age! Enjoy the moments!!!!