Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Good thing we had a snow day today
Thank goodness for our snow day today! At first I didn't want one, just a delay but it turned into a blessing in disguise. Two weeks ago I had blood work done and my vein blew. It was a bad experience- no fault of the woman doing it- I just have always had a hard time giving blood. They tried my left arm first and it took a while to find the vein. Once needle was finally inserted, my blood wasn't coming out slowly so I had to squeeze to get it to flow. On the 3rd vile my vein blew. Let me tell you that is an experience I never want repeated again! I started seeing spots in my vision, I felt like I was going to vomit, they closed the chair strap thing to keep me from falling out, brought wet towels for my face, gave me smelling alcohol, and called in another woman. Once they were sure I wasn't going to pass out they took the other vile from my right arm. I was fasting so I hadn't had food or water, which I am sure made it worse. Finally I was done and able to leave. I felt really bad the rest of the day. That was 2 weeks ago. Now fast forward to yesterday. By yesterday I could hardly use my left arm. It hurt so bad! The pain brought me to tears and woke me up in the middle of the night. Yesterday the pain was so bad I wanted to start crying at work- everyone kept telling me to go to the doctor but I had no time to go until Friday after work. Well we had a snow day today, so I was able to get in this morning. Come to find out my vein is inflamed, my vein felt like a cord you could feel it just by running your hand over my skin- she had me feel it and it grossed me out. My left arm grip strength is gone. Rest, heat, and prescription medicine should do the trick. The snow day is allowing me to rest my arm and use a heating pad. I am on some medicine and if it's not better by Friday I have to call back. I am so thankful for the snow day today- my body needed it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment