Sunday, August 16, 2009

Over the gate

When we leave the house we gate Callie in the kitchen. Yesterday I came home and Callie greeted me as soon as I came in. I looked at the gate and it was still standing, so I wondered how she got out. I thought she pawed at the corner until it swung up and she squeezed through. Oh yeah, there was toilet paper strewn all over the house. Callie had pink all over her tongue and paws. I found a pack of Kool-Aid she had ate. While I was gone she must have been on a sugar high! David made sure to put the gate up tight today when we left from church so she couldn't paw it out. Well when David and I came home, sure enough Callie greeted us at the door. The gate was still up and secure, so we thought maybe she is jumping it. So we put her in the kitchen and watched to see what she did. Here is a video of how Callie escapes!

We are going to have to figure something out for tomorrow. David starts school so she will be by herself during the day.

3 comments:

Sarabeth said...

That is impressive!!

Anonymous said...

Abby,
I will try to send you a picture of Laura's new puppy that she sent me today. The puppy climbed over her gate and shredded a phone book. Lucky for Laura that is all she shredded. Matt is out of town so Laura got to clean the mess all by herself!
Judi Riehl

Debbie said...

This is so funny! What a climber...just like a baby learning to climb steps (like Ty!)....have to come up with something else!