Monday, August 31, 2009

Barbecued Spareribs

Video - SNL: Will Ferrell as Harry Caray

Posted using ShareThis

Whenever I think of spareribs I think of this, I can't help it! If you haven't seen this SNL skit you need to watch it! Well the other night I made a barbequed spareribs recipe that I want to share. I got this recipe from the "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook."

  • 4lbs. country style spareribs, cut into serving size pieces (I used babyback ribs)
  • 10 3/4 oz. can tomato soup (1 normal sized can)
  • 1/2 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 tsp. celery seed
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • dash of cayenne pepper (I didn't add this)

1. Place ribs in slow cooker.

2. Combine remaining ingredients and pout over ribs.

3. Cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

4. Skim fat from juices before serving. (I didn't do this)

We liked it and it was very easy to make! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

We love baby backs....I'll have to try this one. Don't tell Alyssa (yes, I know she reads your blog) but this sounds much better than the veggie chili (ha)...you can see why I am gaining weight as we speak. Blessings.
p.s. I always love the recipes A shares...