Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break and other things

Last week Davids sister got married so we had a busy weekend. His dad and step-mom stayed with us for four days, which was fun. This was the first time we have had in-laws stay with us, so it was a big deal to us that everything be perfect. We put bedroom curtains up and cleaned like never before! David's dad and sister live in Utah so it was nice visiting with them. His aunt, uncle, and grandma flew in for the wedding so I was able to spend time with them too. We danced and had fun at the wedding. David and I were both in the wedding which was fun. While Davids dad was here he fixed our shower head, shower drain, towel rack, and vents!

On Friday we went out to dinner with David's parents and had one of the best meals. We at at Merrick and it was delicious!! I had the pecan crusted pork tenderloin mmmmmm good! Then we went to my parents house to pick up Callie and see the pictures of the house they are building.

On Saturday my mom and I drove up to Florence for my cousins wedding shower. It was nice spending time with my mom and seeing her side of the family. I got home just in time to watch the game. I thought I was going to vomit during the game because I was so nervous. Afterwards we were in serious depression. For the first time since we have been married, we went in different rooms to watch a movie. I watched Twilight to make me feel better and he watched Behind Enemy Lines. I felt so much better after watching Edward and Bella :)Thinking about the game makes me sad, so I am avoiding Sports Center and ESPN until further notice!

Today I finally made a shadow box with items from the wedding. I put 2 wedding pictures, dried flowers from my bouquet, and a program in it. I will put a picture up tomorrow. To be honest, I am impressed with the final product.

3 comments:

Gayla said...

Be sure to take a picture of the shadow box and post it. I can't wait to see it.

Debbie said...

Great update on your spring break trip, shadow box and all:)

k_squared_ said...

I want to see your shadowbox! I am planning to do something similar in the fall.