Monday, April 23, 2012

Making a Bag Day 2

Day 1- Selecting Material
Day 2- Cutting and beginning to sew

On Sunday I went over to Teri's after I worked in the nursery at church to begin sewing the bag. On a side- note, I worked in the baby room for the first time and it was great! Teri taught Lindsay and I how to cut the material from the pattern. That took forever! We ironed the fabric we cut and then we began to sew the materials for the pockets. We worked for like 5 hours and got everything cut, ironed, and the first few things sewed. We were very productive. It was fun to know you are making your own bag, slightly stressful because you can mess up, but fun.
Lindsay and I cutting

Teri showing me a step

Teri showing Lindsay how to sew

Sewing my outside pocket

Lindsay and I with our materials before- the after picture will come when the bags are complete

No comments: