Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Almost had a school year with no sick days
Okay this is huge for me- I almost made it an entire school year without taking one sick day! The reason this is big is because every year that I have been teaching I have had something. My first year speaks for itself- my immune system didn't know what hit it! Then the proceeding years I had my gallbladder taken out, had mono, the flu, etc. This year- nothing until Saturday. I should have seen it coming considering I had a student vomit in my classroom last week. On Saturday the stomach bug hit with vengeance. I think it made up for all the times I wasn't sick this year. I will skip over the awfulness of the stomach bug because no one wants to hear that. I ended up having to take my first sick day Monday. I cleaned my entire classroom Tuesday but two other students in the class have it too. This is why teachers and students are sick so much- they are in a room full of germs all day together and touch everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment