On Sunday, David's parents took us to the Reds vs. Twins baseball game and had a blast! David and I wore our Twins gear because we are Twins fans ( I root for the Reds but just not this time). We went up early to have lunch and then took a ferry to the stadium so we didn't have to bother with parking. Our seats were in lower left field outfield, I have never sat in the outfield so it was a fun experience. Now I need to pause here to tell you that my favorite player- Joe Mauer- is the Twins catcher. He was my favorite player before he got the huge contract, so I am not a bandwagon Joe Mauer fan. Since we got to the stadium early, we were able to see Joe Mauer catching for Scott Diamond (pitcher) in the bullpen. David took me over to see him close up! All the pictures of him are taken by David because my hands were shaking so bad I couldn't take a steady picture! I was so close I waved. If I wasn't such a scardy-cat I would have shouted his name but all I could do was stare. It was the highlight of the day!


The Twins beat the Reds in an exciting 8th and 9th inning. It was a good baseball game. Now my story doesn't end here because something else exciting happened. In the 9th inning Chapman was pitching to Willingham and on a 3-1 count Willingham hit a home-run right towards us. It looked like it was coming dead at us but because Chapman pitched like 100mph, Willinghams ball went in the upper deck right above us. When we got home we were watching Sports Center and they showed a recap of Willinghams hit. In the recap you can see us, we were on Sports Center (very briefly and very small)!
The guy in the blue shirt is David and I am to his right- we are clapping. Kevin is in the red with his arm up.
No comments:
Post a Comment