Saturday, September 14, 2013

We are having a baby!!!

It has been a long time since I have blogged because the most exciting news I wanted to share I couldn't! It was the hardest thing to keep quiet because it is something you are the most excited about sharing with others. Those of you who know me, know that I am a sharer so this was exceptionally hard for me to do but I did it! Of course we told our parents and siblings the week we found out because we wanted to share the good news with them. It was so fun to see the reactions on their faces when we told them. Telling people is the best! I can honestly say that everyone was genuinely excited for us. We have received many hugs, kisses, smiles, cards, and well-wishes since sharing. We have also started to receive gender predictions- another fun thing! I am getting ahead of myself- so I am 13 weeks and have a healthy baby growing inside me. We have seen an ultra sound picture at 8 weeks and one at 12 weeks. Let me tell you it is amazing how much a baby grows in 1 month! See for yourself:


 8 weeks- looks like a gummy bear



 12 weeks- looks like a baby with all body parts! The pictures don't even do the experience justice. We could see the baby moving his/her arms and one hand was in front of his/her face in the picture below. It was absolutely and amazing thing to see! 




I have also begun taking belly pictures. Now some people think that they can't tell but I think it is obvious. It is my body so I can tell all the changes that have occurred and are occurring, so to me it is clear. It is crazy how your body just changes! I mean lots of things, that you totally don't expect to change do. Like my face- my skin was clear before but now it has broken out, including my chest and back. The old wives tale is that a girl makes your skin do that because she is sucking out your beauty! My hips must be widening now because they are achy, especially after standing at work and sleeping at night. I have finally started to feel good so I am getting back into my exercise routine- although nothing like it was before baby but I figure something is better than nothing.

Here is 11 weeks- at this stage there is no more sucking the tummy in

Here is 13 weeks

It was hard to dress in the beginning because I didn't want people to know so I had to wear flowy shirts that didn't show my extra donuts around the middle. I am not a flowy shirt person so it was kinda hard to dress myself! I have succumbed to the rubber band through the button hole trick and am pretty soon going to say forget it and go to maternity pants! Now that people know I can wear shirts that show it. When I went to the gym earlier this week, I realized that I am at the stage where I could be adding more pounds and not necessarily looking pregnant- oh well. 

Here is the picture we used to announce our good news: 

David found the shirt idea online and my mother-in-law embroidered it. 

Baby also has some clothes and toys already! Although this shouldn't surprise me that Baby has stuff! This is grandbaby number 1 for my parents and grandbaby number 2 for David's parents so there is lots of excitement between them! 

Baby's first onesie- my parents went to Las Vegas and came back with this. 


Now Baby has 2 onesies- my parents decided to buy Baby a piece of clothing from all the places they visit. 


 Baby's first toys



We are in for an exciting adventure! 



2 comments:

Debbie said...

Abby & David, great blog (as always) with such happy news. This is what gives us hope for the future. New babies welcomed in homes where there is such love. Love for each other, their family & God! So happy for you! Can't wait to see future family photos with this little person in them!

amwelch.86 said...

I LOVE the belly pictures!!! I can't tell a bit but I'm sure you feel like a different person! so excited to see you and David this weekend and rub that baby belly:)