Yesterday, David and I went to Perfect North with some friends to ski. Let me give you some background knowledge: 1.) David is an excellent snowboarder 2.) He tried to teach me to ski at Park City about 3 years ago- not a good moment in my life, spent more time on the ground than on my skis and flew in the air several times and did what skiers call a "yard sale". Every time I got to the top of the hill I prayed that God would get me down safely and continually asked myself what in the world I was doing.
Okay back to my story. I couldn't sleep Saturday night because I was nervous, my prior experience wasn't the best. Still nervous all the way up to the top of the hill. We started off on a green hill and I didn't fall once! After this the boys went their own way because they are better skiers. Stephanie, Mindy, and I went down a hill called Far Side three times and I did well. I only fell once and that was to avoid a family who just stopped on the hill. It was a hill where it would level out so I never got going too fast. Then we met up with the guys to try another hill and ski to the lodge for lunch. They told me to stay right, haha yeah right, with my sense of direction this was a bad idea. I started off and picked up speed (I haven't mastered the back and forth thing, so I just zoom). I missed the place I was supposed to turn and ended up skiing through a skiing class with numbered flags everywhere and ended up in the parking lot! I had to walk back to the lodge. After lunch we attempted harder hills and these were my downfall. I would pick up to much speed and crash myself. I tried snowplowing the entire way down but my legs were so tired they weren't cooperating very well. On the last run down the hill I face planted into the ice/snow leaving a red burn on my face. Mindy and I headed off down some easier hills that took us to the lodge. We hung out there watching other people ski and fall until the others were done. It was a beautiful day outside and a good trip. I am currently sore and having a hard time walking! Last night I took a bubble bath and read, which helped. I marked off exercise on my to do list for yesterday and today.
No comments:
Post a Comment