My father in law took David and I to the UK Bowl Game in Alabama. I took my personal day on Friday and we headed out that morning. We hit black hit on the Bluegrass Parkway- I have never seen so many cars on the side of the road in my life! We went slow and made it safely unlike others who were speeding and ended up in a ditch on up the road. The weather was very nice on Friday, windy but warm. We went downtown and listened to music and joined in the pep rally festivities. That was the best part of the trip! We were hanging out and an ESPN camera man walked by and asked if I wanted to be on tv- um yeah! so we rounded up some UK people and did the cheering fan bit. He said it might show during the game, but it didn't. It was still fun to do it and made for a memorable moment. 
David and I at the Pep Rally
It was much colder on Saturday for the game. It was a fun atmosphere, would have been better had we won or been close to winning. After the game we headed back to the hotel, hearing "at least there is basketball" on the way back. However, sadly as you may know, UK basketball lost as well. It was a sad day for all the UK fans staying in our hotel. It was a sad weekend in sports for me- every team I cheered for lost, I am not kidding, every single team I cheered on lost! Uhhh. That night we went to Shula's, a delicious steak restaurant, which made up for the bad day in sports. It was a fun weekend away!
No comments:
Post a Comment