Friday, June 22, 2012

My shinning moment on the dance floor

Okay so there are some things I am good at and things I am not so good at...dancing falls on the not so good list. I love to dance but I never know what to do with my hands, in fact it has been said that I look like a penguin when I dance! Well I have been going to Zumba and our instructor taught us how to wobble(apparently it is a new dance). Well at the first wedding we went to this summer that song comes on and my friend Alli(we go to zumba together) and I are like "we know this!" and we jumped on the dance floor and wobbled! It is the only time in my entire life I have known the dance moves to a song that other people didn't know, and I am sure it will never happen again. I thought my shinning moment on the dance floor was over but little did I know I would have one more memorable moment. At the third wedding of the summer, my friend Gayla's wedding, we were all talking and through our conversation we realized I knew how to wobble and they didn't- so guess what... I taught them! I have never ever ever taught someone to dance, in fact in high school we would have dance parties were my friends would have to teach me all the basic moves. Before prom someone had to teach me how to move my hips in a figure eight (this is so you know how bad of a dancer I am. I am not as bad as Elaine from Seinfeld, but pretty close). So at this wedding I taught my friends to wobble- then we requested the song and showed off our awesome moves!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I know you looked good doing it! So glad for this fun activity to show your moves! Fun!!!!